One factor that greatly decreases the risk of contestation is that all authentication and confirmation of the transaction is guaranteed by the Financial Institution or Payment Institution, to which the End Consumer has his account and, with every transaction made using NuPay, needs to be actively authorized the payment within the app of his Financial Institution.
Once the payment is authorized by the customer, NuPay for Business takes the confirmation instantly to the merchant, closing the order and drastically reducing the chances of fraud.
What can still happen is a Commercial Disagreement Dispute, when a buyer alleges that the service or product they purchased was not provided or delivered as expected. If this allegation is proven, the value of the transaction is then returned to the buyer and debited from the retailer.
As our goal will always be to resolve the situation amicably throughout the process, we give the retailer the opportunity to prove that the dispute is wrong or misplaced and thus recover the value of their sale.
The procedure adopted in this situation is:
- As soon as a buyer makes a contestation, we notify the Virtual Store by an email from customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting documents that prove that the product was delivered or the service was provided. The documents can be: a proof of delivery, invoice of the product / service or any other that can prove either the delivery or the provision of service;
- The Virtual Store is responsible for sending us the documents as completely as possible within the maximum period specified in the email;
- The Customer Success Team will make an initial analysis of the documents and, when deemed necessary, will request others;
- After the documentation is validated, it is our turn to send it to the Financial Institution for the purpose of defending the dispute. After sending, NuPay for Business waits for an opinion on the situation;
- If the Financial Institution accepts the documents as proof of delivery and provision of services, the value will not be discounted from the Virtual Store. But in situations where the Financial Institution does not accept the documents as proof of delivery and services rendered, the amount will be discounted from the Virtual Store in the next settlement batch.
Attention: In situations where the merchant does not send the requested documents by email, the amount of the disputed purchase will be discounted automatically in the next batch of settlement!